Monday, February 7, 2011

Burzum - "Filosofem"



       I'm not terribly huge on black metal (there a few albums I really enjoy, especially blackgaze) but Filosofem by Burzum is probably my favorite black metal album ever. It's absolutely evil, dire, and sinister and it chills at your very bones. Varg also implements ambient and shoegaze elements on this album, expanding on the Burzum's classic black metal sound. The melodies transcend through your mind, leaving only melancholy and despair in their wake. This being black metal, the production is poor and harsh, and while that may turn away some listeners I believe it only adds to the experience. So I urge you, give this one a listen, and experience agony, in musical form.





1 comment:

  1. A legendary album. The production on this is perhaps my favorite of any of his albums.

    ReplyDelete